CarDealer is a Retina Responsive HTML5 & CSS3 Drupal Theme for creating Car Classified Sites, Car Dealer Sites and Car Rental Agencies. It includes a lot of features you can easily setup to get your site 99% ready in just a few minutes. The only things left here are your logo and your cars.
It includes all commonly required features for an Online Car Dealing System such as Car Classified Pages, Thumbnail Browser, List Browser, Featured Cars, Properties Filtering, Car Comparison, Detailed Car Page, Automatic Contact Form for each Car, Car Photo Browsing, Car Suggestions & Recommendations, Make Featuring, 64 Makes to Start, Home Page Cars Slideshow, Site Wide Contact Form, Social Media Integration & Customer Comments. All delivered with a detailed documentation and a Rock Solid Support. CarDealer is, in fact, really easy to use as it is Drupal based.
This theme was built containing a lot of SEO best practices. It uses, in every View & Content Page, semantically valid HTML code and CSS so search engines can index them easily. Headlines are where they should be (h1, h2, h3, h4, etc.) depending on the View hierarchy.
The most notable CarDealer features are:
Built on Drupal, so you know it's good :)
Drupal Modules Used
The package contains all the files needed to have a completely functional CarDealer's installation on your webserver in minutes and start editing all the sample content. Listing all of them, package contains:
CarDealer is created over an installation profile, so you don't need to do much to get it working. Following steps will guide you trough the installation process.
1. Extract cardealer_v1.zip file on your web server. It includes all you need to get it working, so don't worry about any other files handle.
The location of your installation depends on the kind of server you're using. I mention some examples here you may be:
Once you extract it, it will be located on a folder called "cardealer". You can change it and place your new theme name there.
2. Using a Web Browser, navigate to your folder/domain/subdomain where the extracted cardealer's folder was created.. I'll use as example the name "cardealer" due to the default folder. It would be on "http://localhost/cardealer" in case you installed it locally or "http://yourdomain.com/cardealer" in a remote installation.
3. Select CarDealer as your installation profile on the "Select an installation profile" page and then click "Save and Continue".
4. Select your language on the "Choose language" page and then click "Save and Continue" by default, the theme is English Based.
5. Setup your database info on the "Database configuration" page and then click "Save and Continue". If you haven't created it yet, do it via phpMyAdmin or any other MySQL configuration app. Once you continue, the installation process will begin. Please, be a little bit patient.
6. Configure your site basic info on the "Configure Site" page and then click "Save and Continue". Wait a little bit, until all CarDealer's features are configured.
7. Congrats, there's your purchase. Enjoy it, and most of all, check out the red tags :D.
This is one of the first things you'll want to do when you have CarDealer installed. Here I show you how:
1. Browse to http://yourdomain.com/cardealer/admin/appearance/settings/cardealer Scroll down to the section named "Logo image settings".
2. Unset the checkbox called "Use the default logo".
3. Browse for your logo File locally . Once you find it, select it, and click Save Configuration at the bottom of the page. It will be uploaded to your webserver and will replace the default one. It's done.
Working with the Home Slide included on CarDealer is very simple. It does all the job automatically for you: thumbnails generation & sliding. Anyway, there are a few things you can do to customize it.
You can quickly change jQuery effect on any of the Home Slides just by following these steps:
1. Browse to:
2. Once you're there, scroll down to the "Cycle Options" frame.
3. Once there, you can select one of the available 27 effects, define the transition duration, the time between each effect, etc.
4. Click Apply at the bottom of the page. Then, you'll be redirected to the "Slideshow View Page". Be careful to not touch View Related preferences to avoid unstable results if you're not an advanced Drupal user.
5. Click Save button at the upper right corner of the page. It's done.
Welcome Message is the one your visitors see once they get into the site and get the first impresions. It is also SEO optimized, so, a great "welcome message" is very important. Changing it is very simple. As shown in the following image, once you're logged in as admin, you roll over the block and the contextual edit options will appear.
1. Browse to your home page http://yourdomain.com/cardealer/ and click on the Configure Block option above the welcome message.
2. Replace the fill text with your own and then click "Save Block". It's done.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In case you want to restore it to the original layout (wich inludes the "Start Browsing Cars" button), copy and paste this following HTML code. Text Format must be set to "Full HTML":
Welcome to CarDealer, a Responsive HTML5 & CSS3 Drupal 7 theme specially suited for Car Dealing Business.
CarDealer is a site conceibed to do the same job as a Car Dealer does, but online. Is a theme prepared to showcase your Cars while you're talking to another client, while you're having breakfast and even when you sleep! :D It allows your visitors to explore and take a look at your entire collection of Cars and get in contact with you very easilly with a simple base message they can edit:
So, how does the visitor's flow goes:
Your Home Page is the first impression on your business. If your first impression is great, then everything is great.
The Home Page in Car dealer is divided in 5 Sections you can see on the following image. Each one plays a crucial role on getting your visitor envolved to go on.
Just a simple advice: "Put you best there".
If somebody gets in, 99% of the chances is he(or she)'s looking for a Car. There's where the Car Browsers do the rest for you. From now on, visitors define what they want to see and how, and there's where Filters came into play.
Once a visitor takes a look at a Car, he lands on the Car Page. Car pages are conceibed to detail every Car aspect and to provide Contact access to interested visitors who may become potential customers.
And how about if your visitor is looking for a FIAT, but he isn't lookinng at the right FIAT. Faceted Search does the rest for you. It's something like "Would you like to see other FIAT Cars? Take a look at these!" or just "Take a look at other Convertible Cars you might also like." Isn't enough? Then "Take a look at our lowest mileage, our cheapest, our brand new or just keep filtering!"
And how about if I might not like this Car but any of my friends might? Well, share it with them in your favourite Social Media network. :)
Creating a New Car isn't a big deal. The time it takes varies deppending on how much info and how detailed is your Car. Always remember, the more detailed is your Car, less will take you to explain it to an interested customer and more will be the chances that you Car gets ranked by Search Engines.
To create a new Car, just follow these steps:
1 - Browse to http://yourdomain.com/cardealer/node/add/car
2 - Once you're done filling all details Just Save!
CarDealer comes with 64 inluded makes but you can add as more as you want. It's very easy, you only need the name of the make and a Small logo.
1 - Browse to http://yourdomain.com/cardealer/admin/structure/taxonomy/make/add
2 - Once you're done filling all details Just Save!
Car Features include every Entertainment, Safety, Equipment and Comfort you can set on a Car. Also some specifications such as Transmission, Drive, Doors...
For enhacing flexibility and extension capable Features, every Feature was built over a Taxonomy term. It means you can add, edit and delete any Car Feature you need. Each Taxonomy Vocabulary includes a set of sample Terms you'll probably need. Here's a sample for Taxonomy Vocabulary "Transmission":
For editing Car Features, just:
1 - Browse to http://yourdomain.com/cardealer/admin/structure/taxonomy/transmision
2 - Select the vocabulary you want to work on. adding termd, editing existing ones... It's very simple!
Your Home is your first impression, as seem in Understaning CarDealer section. Here you'll learn how to set your desired Content there:
To set the Cars you want on the Slideshow follow these steps:
1 - Edit the Car so you can get into the Car Editing options.
2 - Select "YES" on the "Promote to Home Slideshow" option and Save.
To change the welcome message, redirect to Changing Welcome Message section.
Latest Cars work automatically, but it's strongly recommended to follow the suggestions for inserting Cars on the Understaning CarDealer section.
CarDealer includes 64 base Car Makes, but you can feature 8 at the home page. For doing it you need to:
1 - Edit the Car Make and unther the "Featured" field, set it to Yes (Promoted to Home Block).
2 - Then Browse to http://yourdomain.com/cardealer/admin/structure/taxonomy/make and Reorder your "Featured" Car Makes so you can set the order they will bew shown on the block.
To edit this comments, just edit them using the red tags above them.
CarDealer includes 2 Contact forms, the one used site wide for visitor's questions and the Car contact one:
1 - Browse to http://yourdomain.com/cardealer/admin/structure/contact. Edit the mail address and Save.
1 - Browse to http://yourdomain.com/cardealer/node/33/webform/emails/1. Edit the mail address and Save
CarDealer includes an awesome Drupal Module called Font Your Face that allows you to use CSS3 webfonts on your themes. It's really easy to use:
1 - Browse to http://yourdomain.com/cardealer/admin/appearance/fontyourface/browse/. There you can enable any font you want.
2 - Once you enable a font browse to http://yourdomain.com/cardealer/admin/appearance/fontyourface and set the CSS selector you want. I strongly recommend keeping the ones included on CarDealer.
Internet Explorer is an special topic everyday :( . CarDealer supports IE8 and IE9, with an special style sheet for them. You can find them at /sites/all/themes/cardealer/css folder.
So please, if you find any bug or issue, contact us and we'll get it up to date as soon as posible and send it to you free of charge.
This site has been tested in all the following browsers, the only major difference is the rendering of rounded corners.
The browsers tested are:
If you have any problem and want to contact me do it via the Support forums.
Support can take up to 48 hours (except during holidays, it can be more during those periods), and I usually need to see the problem so don't hesitate to send me a link with a description of your problem.
I've used the following resources:
Once again, thank you so much for purchasing this theme. As I said at the beginning, I'd be glad to help you if you have any questions relating to this theme. We'll do our best to assist.
Following are a set of questions and answers to common issues that Drupal begginers have. I placed them here to allow you to keep on your "site setup" process and don't need to break your head off searching in our forums or in Google. ;)
To solve it, follow these steps:
1. Browse to http://yourdomain.com/cardealer/admin/config/media/file-system Logged in as admin.
2. Under the "Temporary directory" tag, just set:
Those are the common path to the temporary folders on the different OS. It depends, of course, of the location of the real one, but in 99% of cases, this will be the required value.
3. Click Save Configuration. Done!
Not a problem, just I recommend you to follow these steps:
1. Browse to http://yourdomain.com/cardealer/admin/reports/updates/update Logged in as admin.
2. Update them all one by one. It will allow you to notice any issue, in case the compatibility results on an unstable behavior on your site.
If so, please take a look at the changelog of the module at the Drupal.org Modules site.
This issue ocurrs when your PHP.ini configuration cuts the installation process for security reasons. Usually, PHP has a 30 seconds timeout for any script, so while the database is beeing imported, it cuts down the process, so only a few tables are on your database. For solving it, follow these steps:
1. Extract your site once again on your web server. It will overwrite all files to start over again.
2. Using phpMyAdmin, drop all created tables. The same idea, start over again.
3. The most important step. Increase PHP.ini timeouts: For doing it, look for the php.ini file that rules your server. Once there, "search" for line where "max_execution_time" variable appears. 90 would be a better value.
4. Restart your Apache Server. It will apply the changes.
5. Start again the Installation Process. Done!