RealEstate is a HTML5 & CSS3 Drupal Theme for creating Real Estate Sites, Property Classified Sites and House Rental Agencies. It includes a lot of features you can easily setup to get your site 99% ready in just a few minutes. The only things left here are your logo and your properties.
It includes all commonly required features for an Online Real Estate System such as Classified Pages, Thumbnail Browser, List Browser, Featured Properties, Filtering, Properties Comparison, Detailed Property Page, Automatic Contact Form for each Agent, Photo Browsing, Similar Properties Suggestions & Recommendations, Agent Featuring, Home Page Properties Slideshow, Google Maps API 3 Home Variant, Site Wide Contact Form, Social Media Integration & Customer Comments. All delivered with a detailed documentation and a Rock Solid Support. RealEstate is, in fact, really easy to use as it is Drupal based.
This theme was built containing a lot of SEO best practices. It uses, in every View & Content Page, semantically valid HTML code and CSS so search engines can index them easily. Headlines are where they should be (h1, h2, h3, h4, etc.) depending on the View hierarchy.
The most notable RealEstate features are:
Built on Drupal, so you know it's good :)
Drupal Modules Used
The package contains all the files needed to have a completely functional RealEstate's installation on your webserver in minutes and start editing all the sample content. Listing all of them, package contains:
RealEstate has a wide set of HD Video Tutorials that allows you to know how to proceed in certain circunstances while you interact with the theme and the backend itself.
RealEstate is created over an installation profile, so you don't need to do much to get it working. Following steps will guide you trough the installation process.
1. Extract realestate_v1.zip file on your web server. It includes all you need to get it working, so don't worry about any other files handle.
The location of your installation depends on the kind of server you're using. I mention some examples here you may be:
Once you extract it, it will be located on a folder called "realestate". You can change it and place your new theme name there.
2. Using a Web Browser, navigate to your folder/domain/subdomain where the extracted realestate's folder was created.. I'll use as example the name "realestate" due to the default folder. It would be on "http://localhost/realestate" in case you installed it locally or "http://yourdomain.com/realestate" in a remote installation.
3. Select RealEstate as your installation profile on the "Select an installation profile" page and then click "Save and Continue".
4. Select your language on the "Choose language" page and then click "Save and Continue" by default, the theme is English Based.
5. Setup your database info on the "Database configuration" page and then click "Save and Continue". If you haven't created it yet, do it via phpMyAdmin or any other MySQL configuration app. Once you continue, the installation process will begin. Please, be a little bit patient.
6. Configure your site basic info on the "Configure Site" page and then click "Save and Continue". Wait a little bit, until all RealEstate's features are configured.
7. Congrats, there's your purchase. Enjoy it, and most of all, check out the red tags :D.
This is one of the first things you'll want to do when you have RealEstate installed. Here I show you how:
1. Browse to http://yourdomain.com/realestate/admin/appearance/settings/realestate Scroll down to the section named "Logo image settings".
2. Unset the checkbox called "Use the default logo".
3. Browse for your logo File locally . Once you find it, select it, and click Save Configuration at the bottom of the page. It will be uploaded to your webserver and will replace the default one. It's done.
Working with the Home Slide on the main Home Variant included on RealEstate is very simple. It does all the job automatically for you: the wide image generation & sliding. Anyway, there are a few things you can do to customize it.
You can quickly change jQuery effect on any of the Home Slides just by following these steps: (It is strongly recommended to use effects that doesn't pane)
1. Browse to:
2. Once you're there, scroll down to the "Cycle Options" frame.
3. Once there, you can select one of the available 27 effects, define the transition duration, the time between each effect, etc.
4. Click Apply at the bottom of the page. Then, you'll be redirected to the "Slideshow View Page". Be careful to not touch View Related preferences to avoid unstable results if you're not an advanced Drupal user.
5. Click Save button at the upper right corner of the page. It's done.
RealEstate is a site conceibed to do the same job as a Real Estate Agent does, but online. Is a theme prepared to showcase your Properties while you're talking to another client, while you're having breakfast and even when you sleep! :D It allows your visitors to explore and take a look at your entire collection of Properties and get in contact with you very easilly with a simple base message they can edit:
So, how does the visitor's flow goes:
Your Home Page is the first impression on your business. If your first impression is great, then everything is great.
The Home Page in RealEstate can be arranged at your own style, as it includes a lot of blocks you can arrange by your own and build your own Home Page. We just offer 2 main Home Variants, one based on a Map, and the other one on a Slideshow.
You can re-arrange and use the following Home blocks on your Home Page:
If somebody gets in, 99% of the chances is he(or she)'s looking for a Property. There's where the Properties Browsers do the rest for you. From now on, visitors define what they want to see and how, and there's where Filters came into play.
Once a visitor takes a look at a Property, he lands on the Property Page. These pages are conceibed to detail every Property aspect and to provide Contact access to interested visitors who may become potential customers.
And how about if your visitor is looking for a Residential Property, but he isn't lookinng at the right one. Faceted Search does the rest for you. It's something like "Would you like to see other Residentials? Take a look at these!" or just "Take a look at other by the agent Sarah Collins you might also like." Isn't enough? Then "Take a look at our cheapest, our new sale ones or just keep filtering!"
And how about if I might not like this Property but any of my friends might? Well, share it with them in your favourite Social Media network. :)
Creating a New Property isn't a big deal. The time it takes varies deppending on how much info and how detailed is your Property. Always remember, the more detailed is your Property, less will take you to explain it to an interested customer and more will be the chances that you Property gets ranked by Search Engines.
To create a new Property, just follow these steps:
1 - Browse to http://yourdomain.com/realestate/node/add/property
2 - Once you're done filling all details Just Save!
Once you create a new Property, you need to define a location for it. Before proceeding, we will expplain how to set a START area for paning and placing the location of a Property. Let's assume you're a RealEstate Agent located on Raleigh, NC. When you just install RealEstate, you need to set the default Map to be allwas placed there, so you don't need to find aleigh every time you want to place a Property there.
So, to set the default Location of your map, just follow these steps:
1 - Browse to http://yourdomain.com/realestate/admin/config/services/gmap
2 - Explore the Map there just like you were setting up an area for start. We suggest to select the City area.
3 - Once you're done, Just Save! Every time you need to set a location, your map will start from there!
Now, the only step left is to set the Location of a Property. This is a NON NECESARY step for creating a Property, but without it you wouldn't get the features of integrating Google Maps on your website.
To set the location of a Property, just follow these steps:
1 - Edit the Property using it's edit link.
2 - Scroll down to Location Tab
3 - Then just Drop a Marker on the Map, just by clicking on it.
2 - Once you're done, Just Save! . Your property will be on the Maps!
Property Features include every selectable Feature you can set on a Property. Also some specifications such as Bedrooms, Property Type, Listing Type...
For enhacing flexibility and extension capable Features, every Feature was built over a Taxonomy term. It means you can add, edit and delete any Property Feature you need and it will go directly to the filters. Each Taxonomy Vocabulary includes a set of sample Terms you'll probably need. Here's a sample for Taxonomy Vocabulary "Property Type":
For editing Properties Features, just:
1 - Browse to http://yourdomain.com/realestate/admin/structure/taxonomy/agent
2 - Select the vocabulary you want to work on. adding termd, editing existing ones... It's very simple!
RealEstate includes 2 Contact forms, the one used site wide for visitor's questions and the Properties contact one:
1 - Browse to http://yourdomain.com/realestate/admin/structure/contact. Edit the mail address and Save.
This contact form will send an email to the Agent, but will also send to your desired email a copy of the visitor's request. This is the email you define there.
1 - Browse to http://yourdomain.com/realestate/node/33/webform/emails/1. Edit the mail address and Save
RealEstate includes an awesome Drupal Module called Font Your Face that allows you to use CSS3 webfonts on your themes. It's really easy to use:
1 - Browse to http://yourdomain.com/realestate/admin/appearance/fontyourface/browse/. There you can enable any font you want.
2 - Once you enable a font browse to http://yourdomain.com/realestate/admin/appearance/fontyourface and set the CSS selector you want. I strongly recommend keeping the ones included on RealEstate.
Internet Explorer is an special topic everyday :( . RealEstate supports IE8 and IE9, with an special style sheet for them. You can find them at /sites/all/themes/realestate/css folder.
So please, if you find any bug or issue, contact us and we'll get it up to date as soon as posible and send it to you free of charge.
This site has been tested in all the following browsers, the only major difference is the rendering of rounded corners.
The browsers tested are:
If you have any problem and want to contact me do it via the Support forums.
Support can take up to 48 hours (except during holidays, it can be more during those periods), and I usually need to see the problem so don't hesitate to send me a link with a description of your problem.
I've used the following resources:
Once again, thank you so much for purchasing this theme. As I said at the beginning, I'd be glad to help you if you have any questions relating to this theme. We'll do our best to assist.
Following are a set of questions and answers to common issues that Drupal begginers have. I placed them here to allow you to keep on your "site setup" process and don't need to break your head off searching in our forums or in Google. ;)
To solve it, follow these steps:
1. Browse to http://yourdomain.com/realestate/admin/config/media/file-system Logged in as admin.
2. Under the "Temporary directory" tag, just set:
Those are the common path to the temporary folders on the different OS. It depends, of course, of the location of the real one, but in 99% of cases, this will be the required value.
3. Click Save Configuration. Done!
Not a problem, just I recommend you to follow these steps:
1. Browse to http://yourdomain.com/realestate/admin/reports/updates/update Logged in as admin.
2. Update them all one by one. It will allow you to notice any issue, in case the compatibility results on an unstable behavior on your site.
If so, please take a look at the changelog of the module at the Drupal.org Modules site.
This issue ocurrs when your PHP.ini configuration cuts the installation process for security reasons. Usually, PHP has a 30 seconds timeout for any script, so while the database is beeing imported, it cuts down the process, so only a few tables are on your database. For solving it, follow these steps:
1. Extract your site once again on your web server. It will overwrite all files to start over again.
2. Using phpMyAdmin, drop all created tables. The same idea, start over again.
3. The most important step. Increase PHP.ini timeouts: For doing it, look for the php.ini file that rules your server. Once there, "search" for line where "max_execution_time" variable appears. 90 would be a better value.
4. Restart your Apache Server. It will apply the changes.
5. Start again the Installation Process. Done!