xpalladium is a Bootstrap 3, HTML5 & CSS3 Drupal Theme for creating Multipurpose websites. It includes a lot of features you can easily setup to get your site 99% ready in just a few minutes. The only things left here are your logo and your content.
It includes all commonly required features for a Multipurpose Website such as 21 Home Page Variants (5 for Business, 4 for Portfolios and 12 for E-commerce), 13 Portfolio Explorer Variants, 26 Product Browser Variants, 10 Services Pages and more than +50 Custom Blocks and Views. All delivered with a detailed documentation and a Rock Solid Support. xpalladium is, in fact, really easy to use as it is Drupal based.
Built on Drupal, so you know it's good :)
Drupal Modules Used
The package contains all the files needed to have a completely functional xpalladium's installation on your webserver in minutes and start editing all the sample content. Listing all of them, package contains:
xpalladium is created over an installation profile, so you don't need to do much to get it working. Following steps will guide you trough the installation process.
1. Extract xpalladium_v1.zip file on your web server. It includes all you need to get it working, so don't worry about any other files handle.
The location of your installation depends on the kind of server you're using. I mention some examples here you may be:
Once you extract it, it will be located on a folder called "xpalladium". You can change it and place your new theme name there.
2. Using a Web Browser, navigate to your folder/domain/subdomain where the extracted xpalladium's folder was created.. I'll use as example the name "xpalladium" due to the default folder. It would be on "http://localhost/xpalladium" in case you installed it locally or "http://yourdomain.com/xpalladium" in a remote installation.
3. Select xpalladium as your installation profile on the "Select an installation profile" page and then click "Save and Continue".
4. Select your language on the "Choose language" page and then click "Save and Continue" by default, the theme is English Based.
5. Setup your database info on the "Database configuration" page and then click "Save and Continue". If you haven't created it yet, do it via phpMyAdmin or any other MySQL configuration app. Once you continue, the installation process will begin. Please, be a little bit patient.
6. Configure your site basic info on the "Configure Site" page and then click "Save and Continue". Wait a little bit, until all xpalladium features are configured.
7. Congrats, there's your purchase. Enjoy it, and most of all, check out the red tags :D.
The purpose of the following section is that you can be able to understand the entire scope of what does xPalladium Drupal Theme is for and a major overview of its conception.
xPalladium is built with an applied "know how" of more than 10 years of Drupal site building and development. Thousands of hours of customer feedback, User Experience testing and Drupal Performance in mind: All in One.
When we say it is a multipurpose theme, is because you can use it in so many scenarios: Corporate, Business, Online Commerce, Retailers, Portfolios, Communities, Designers, Agencies, Service Providers... and one important thing: you can combine all features at the same time in case one of your projects require so and have a Business site with a back end Online Store.
xPalladium comes with 21 Home Pages. We categorize them in order to show their main purpose, but it doesn't mean that Business ones can't be combined with portfolio or Blog blocks to create customized Home Pages. That is why we always suggest customers to see our Homes as a Start point of their projects.
When you look at that amount of variants, stores, content ant features you need to find the paths we see on each main sub-product. We will just mention some samples of sub-products (and we mean kind of use at the same time):
As it is Drupal, you can create and do whatever you want to store your content. And as it is DoubleMThemes, we also include the default templates of our base content types so you can do whatever you need with it and have a solid start point to initiate your project.
Store products are the heart of the Drupal Commerce part of xPalladium. Divided in 3 types (product A, B and C) each one has it's own variety of Shops and Homes. The main difference relies in the distribution of the main product image, and here is why:
Portfolio Items are the core of the Business and Creative part of xPalladium. All Recent Work, Projects, Services and Work experience converge in this content Type, showcased in more than 15 Blocks and Views all around the theme.
Services are the top of the Portfolio chain food. If you provide "Web Design" Service, it will arrange all your Web Design Portfolio in one place. If you do "Restore Antique Buildings", then it will be the head of your portfolio of restored buildings. So each Portfolio Item will be attached, at least, to a single service.
Articles are a must since the '90s, so here they are. If we build a product without it, it wouldn't be a product as who doesn't release an article today, is not in 2015.
This is one of the most popular features of sites today. Everyone wants to show the feedback provided by regular, top or worst customers. So we also included it :)
Another popular feature for Service Providers: Plans. xPalladium allows you to have your own block with plans and a specific page for it. All editable in a single Content Type.
This is a simple content type used only in a couple of Home Page Variants. But thing is we use content types for storing content, instead of pure HTML code, in an online world where things need to be translatable and not hard coded. So that's it, we also create a content type for something that simple.
1. Browse to http://yourdomain.com/xpalladium/admin/appearance/settings/online Scroll down to the section named "Logo image settings".
2. Unset the checkbox called "Use the default logo".
3. Browse for your logo File locally . Once you find it, select it, and click Save Configuration at the bottom of the page. It will be uploaded to your webserver and will replace the default one. It's done again.
xpalladium includes the awesome Premium Slideshow MD Slider. It provides a beauty and powerful tool to present your business and impress your visitors. Detailed Sliders Instructions and setup are included in the downloadable package and can't be distributed online. Here only is show an overview:
MD Slider provide a timeline where you can add as many visual HTML elements as you want such as Text, Images and YouTube/Vimeo videos. Major features are:
Internationalizing a Drupal site is very simple. Resuming it, you only need to install a translation package and all Drupal core interface will change. Then some minor fixes for every language context, and your front-end site will be 100% translated to your desired language.
Here we explain how to:
xpalladium supports ANY Left to Right language you install from Drupal Translations. Of course, it depends of the level of translation of the ".po" files for the defined language, but most of them are very advanced.
Following are the steps required for translating the front-end interface language. The backend deppends on the modules your'e using, so here we only explain how to change the language of the "site side" visitors can see and, of course, the core functions of Drupal. The rest of the things are just content, so when you edit it on your desired language, it will be just addapted to it.
1 - Download the Drupal core translation of your language. You can get it from : http://localize.drupal.org/ . It's just a *.po file
2 - Browse to http://yourdomain.com/admin/modules and enable Locale module
3 - Once enabled browse to http://yourdomain.com/admin/config/regional/translate/import/ and under the "Language File" tab, browse your .po file and select it.
4 - Select the language you're importing under the Import into select option.
5 - Just click Import Button. It will take some time 'cause importing +5000 words and phrases to databse will take some time.
6 - Once it's done browse to http://yourdomain.com/admin/config/regional/translate and set your language as default. Save your configuration. Done!. Your site is now in your language!
All theme Specific strings are located inside each View and Block setup. By accessing the backend manager of each UI element, you can translate the string attached to the theme. If you have any doubt, please don't hesitate on ask on the forums.
All URLs can be internacianlized via PathAuto module. You can configure it at:
IMPORTANT NOTE: xpalladium is an internationalizable theme, but it does not means it is easy to make MULTILANGUAGE as it requires a more advanced setup and adding visual language switchers that are not included in the CSS setup. You will need to add those CSS by yourself.
If you're an advanced theme developer or want to know how to extend xpalladium, then you need to know where are the Styles :)
xpalladium's CSS files are located at /sites/all/themes/xpalladium/less and generated by LESS module folder. They're all "section commented" so you can find each section easily. If you need to add custom CSS styles, do it on the file css/styles.css
Internet Explorer is an special topic everyday :( . xpalladium supports IE9 and up.
So please, if you find any bug or issue, contact us and we'll get it up to date as soon as posible and send it to you free of charge.
This site has been tested in all the following browsers, the only major difference is the rendering of rounded corners.
The browsers tested are:
If you have any problem and want to contact me do it via the Support forums.
Support can take up to 48 hours (except during holidays, it can be more during those periods), and I usually need to see the problem so don't hesitate to send me a link with a description of your problem.
I've used the following resources:
Once again, thank you so much for purchasing this theme. As I said at the beginning, I'd be glad to help you if you have any questions relating to this theme. We'll do our best to assist.
Following are a set of questions and answers to common issues that Drupal begginers have. I placed them here to allow you to keep on your "site setup" process and don't need to break your head off searching in our forums or in Google. ;)
To solve it, follow these steps:
1. Browse to http://yourdomain.com/xpalladium/admin/config/media/file-system Logged in as admin.
2. Under the "Temporary directory" tag, just set:
Those are the common path to the temporary folders on the different OS. It depends, of course, of the location of the real one, but in 99% of cases, this will be the required value.
3. Click Save Configuration. Done!
Not a problem, just I recommend you to follow these steps:
1. Browse to http://yourdomain.com/xpalladium/admin/reports/updates/update Logged in as admin.
2. Update them all one by one. It will allow you to notice any issue, in case the compatibility results on an unstable behavior on your site.
If so, please take a look at the changelog of the module at the Drupal.org Modules site.
This issue ocurrs when your PHP.ini configuration cuts the installation process for security reasons. Usually, PHP has a 30 seconds timeout for any script, so while the database is beeing imported, it cuts down the process, so only a few tables are on your database. For solving it, follow these steps:
1. Extract your site once again on your web server. It will overwrite all files to start over again.
2. Using phpMyAdmin, drop all created tables. The same idea, start over again.
3. The most important step. Increase PHP.ini timeouts: For doing it, look for the php.ini file that rules your server. Once there, "search" for line where "max_execution_time" variable appears. 90 would be a better value.
4. Restart your Apache Server. It will apply the changes.
5. Start again the Installation Process. Done!